Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Observation 3

During this weeks observation i was able to notice the hundreds of micro-organisms without a microscope at all. I assumed by the speed of the movement they had to be Cyclops sp.. I was correct as the mother with her egg sack i saw last week must have had her babies! There were Cyclops sp. everywhere you looked! i didn't have to search for them this time as they flew into my microscopes view almost every few seconds. This week there was also more seed shrimp than there was last week. Most of everything else had stayed relatively the same however i was able to spot what looked like a water mite on the floor of the micro-aquarium. I was only able to get a good view of it for a second before it slipped into the sediment never to be found again. From my perspective, the water mite looked like a little lobster minus the pincers however i only got a good look at one side of the creature. I searched endlessly for more water mites but was unable to find anymore amidst the debris.

No comments:

Post a Comment