Friday, October 21, 2011

Week 1

For my micro-aquarium i chose to use the sample of water from the water pool below Lynnhurst Cemetery. The pond has partial shade exposure and is a springtime feeding pond. I have added Amblestegium sp., a moss collected at Carters Mill Park, Carter Mill Road in Knox county. I also have added Utricularia gibba L., a carnivous flowering plant. Originally from south shore of Spain Lake, east of Sparta Tn, this particular plant was grown in a greenhouse outside of the heslar biology building. For ease, we will refer to Amblestegium sp. as "Plant A" and Utricularia gibba L. as "Plant B". Since i have not viewed it under a microscope yet i am unaware of the microorganisms that are swimming around inside however i can see some sort of insect with my naked eye. I am very excited for my microaquarium and cannot wait to see what is lurking underneath a microscope!

No comments:

Post a Comment